Agriculture and Public Trust Committee
- Shane M. Sinenci, Chair
- Gabe Johnson, Vice-Chair
- Kelly Takaya King
- Alice L. Lee
- Michael J. Molina
- Tamara Paltin
- Keani N.W. Rawlins-Fernandez
- Conservation and protection of agricultural lands, promotion of diversified agriculture, increasing agricultural self sufficiency, and assuring the availability of agriculturally suitable lands.
- All issues pertaining to water, including water for agricultural use.
- Amendments to and enforcement of the County Water Code, including the Water Use and Development Plan.
- Issues related to archaeology, preservation of cultural resources, and perpetuating Hawaiian culture.
- Issues related to ecology, including the relationships between animals, plants, and other living organisms with their physical surroundings, such as in forests, watersheds, streams, and riparian environments.
- Oversight of the Department of Agriculture and Department of Water Supply.
- Implementation of the following General Plan objectives: Protect the Natural Environment & Preserve Local Cultures and Traditions.
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686