Climate Action and Resilience Committee
Climate Action and Resilience Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 9:00 a.m. on the Monday prior to the first and third Fridays of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change. The Committee may also periodically schedule site inspections.
- Kelly Takaya King, Chair
- Shane M. Sinenci, Vice-Chair
- Riki Hokama
- Tasha Kama
- Alice L. Lee
- Tamara Paltin
- Keani N.W. Rawlins-Fernandez
- Issues relating to sea level rise, shoreline erosion, managed retreat, deforestation, drought, wetlands, carbon emissions, pollution, and other related contributors to climate change.
- Operations and performance audits of the Maui Emergency Management Agency, including the operational oversight of any grants they administer.
- Energy issues (including solar, geothermal, wind, biomass, hydropower, wave energy production, biofuel, and synthetic fuel production, power systems, and energy-efficient technologies for buildings).
- Implementation of the following General Plan objective: Protect the Natural Environment.
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270 7686