Climate Action, Resilience, and Environment Committee
- Kelly Takaya King, Chair
- Shane M. Sinenci, Vice-Chair
- Gabe Johnson
- Alice L. Lee
- Michael J. Molina
- Tamara Paltin
- Yuki Lei K. Sugimura
- Issues relating to sea-level rise, shoreline erosion, managed retreat, deforestation, drought, wetlands, carbon emissions, pollution, and other related contributors to climate change.
- Issues relating to the protection, preservation, and enhancement of the environment, including recycling.
- Animal management and related grants.
- Energy issues, including solar, geothermal, wind, biomass, hydropower, wave energy production, biofuel and synthetic fuel production, power systems, and energy-efficient technologies for building.
- Oversight of the Maui Emergency Management Agency and the Department of Environmental Management’s Environmental Protection and Sustainability Division.
- Implementation of the following General Plan objective: Protect the Natural Environment.
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686