For immediate release: Dec. 4, 2015
Press release by:
Council Chair Mike White
Maui County Council
Special committee to review county manager form of government set to meet Dec. 10
WAILUKU, Hawaii – A special committee established to review the county manager form of government is set to have its first meeting on Dec. 10, 1:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber, Council Chair Mike White announced today.
The council today passed Resolution 15-155, establishing an 11-member special committee composed of:
- East Maui – Jonathan Starr
- Kahului – Renee Kehau Filimoe’atu
- Lanai – Linda Kay Okamoto (a.k.a. Kay Okamoto)
- Makawao-Haiku-Paia – James J. C. Haynes III (a.k.a. Kimo Haynes)
- Molokai – Paula Friel
- South Maui – Ray Phillips
- Upcountry – Doreen Pua Canto (a.k.a. Pua Canto)
- Wailuku-Waihee-Waikapu – Anthony Takitani (a.k.a. Tony Takitani)
- West Maui – Tamara Paltin
- At-large – Madge Schaefer
- At-large – David DeLeon (a.k.a. Dave DeLeon)
The committee is tasked to provide the council with a written recommendation whether establishing a county manager form of government would improve management and operation of the county by June 1.
If a county manager form of government is the committee’s recommendation, a Charter amendment shall also be proposed to go on the 2016 general election ballot.
For the latest news, follow Maui County Council on Facebook.
# # #