Environmental, Agricultural, and Cultural Preservation Committee
Environmental, Agricultural, and Cultural Preservation Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 1:30 p.m. on the Tuesday prior to the first and third Fridays of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change.
- Shane M. Sinenci, Chair
- Tasha Kama, Vice-Chair
- Kelly T. King
- Alice L. Lee
- Michael J. Molina
- Tamara Paltin
- Yuki Lei K. Sugimura
- Issues relating to the protection, preservation, and enhancement of the environment, including recycling.
- Conservation and protection of agricultural lands, promotion of diversified agriculture, increasing agricultural self-sufficiency, and assuring the availability of agriculturally suitable lands.
- Energy issues (including solar, geothermal, wind, biomass, hydropower, wave energy production, biofuel and synthetic fuel production, power systems, and energy-efficient technologies for buildings).
- Operations and performance audits of the Department of Environmental Management, Environmental Protection and Sustainability Division only, including the operation oversight of any grants it administers.
- Implementation of the following General Plan objectives:
- Protect the Natural Environment.
- Preserve Local Cultures and Traditions.
- Kasie Apo Takayama, Legislative Analyst
- Nicole Siegel, Committee Secretary
- John Rapacz, Legislative Attorney
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270 7686