Economic Development and Budget Committee
Economic Development and Budget Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 9:00 a.m. on the Thursday prior to the first and third Fridays of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change.
- List of committee items (as of August 14, 2019) http://mauicounty.us/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/edbitems-as-of-August-14-2019.pdf
- Keani N.W. Rawlins-Fernandez, Chair
- Kelly T. King, Vice-Chair
- Riki Hokama
- Tasha Kama
- Alice L. Lee
- Michael J. Molina
- Tamara Paltin
- Shane M. Sinenci
- Yuki Lei K. Sugimura
- Financial audits and the finance component of all County grants.
- Budget, capital program, bond authorizations, intergovernmental agreements with a financial impact on the annual budget, including intergovernmental loans.
- Taxes, rates, fees, and assessments for inclusion in the budget, except that revenue ordinances may also be considered by other standing committees.
- Revisions and updates to real property tax ordinances.
- Business and economic development issues.
- Operations and performance audits of the Department of Finance, Office of the County Auditor, and Office of the Mayor (Office of Economic Development and Community Development Block Program), including the operational oversight of any grants they administer.
- Appointment of the County Auditor for a term as specified in the Revised Charter of the County if Maui (1983), as amended; review of the annual Audit Plan issues by the Office of the County Auditor, and review of audit findings and recommendations set forth in written reports of the County Auditor.
- Implementation of the following General Plan objective: Strengthen the Local Economy.
- Julie Reed, Legislative Analyst
- Yvette Bouthillier, Committee Secretary
- Carla Nakata, Legislative Attorney
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270 7686