The Office of Council Services is recruiting a legislative analyst to join its research section. The appointed, non-civil-service position runs concurrent with the term of the Maui County Council.
Information is available on the county’s jobs website at http://www.mauicounty.gov/Jobs.aspx.
- Work in coordination with others to carry out the functions of the Office of Council Services, which include assisting the County Council, its committees, and the councilmembers in their legislative responsibilities.
- Routine work includes researching legislative issues and coordinating and staffing legislative meetings.
- Use of current word processing and spreadsheet software, mobile devices, and associated computer programs.
- Occasional attendance at night meetings and off-island meetings, with travel by ferry and light aircraft.
- Light lifting; operating automobiles; and using electronic and sound equipment.
Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree. Official transcripts may be requested.
- Research and writing skills and experience.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, or 365 word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Ability to staff evening and off-island meetings and to travel between islands on ferry and small aircraft.
- Qualification on a test administered by the Office of Council Services.
Salary range: $43,857 to $85,429 annually, as established by Section 2.08.060, Maui County Code, depending on education and experience.
How to apply:
Download the application form: http://www.mauicounty.gov/DocumentCenter/View/11679
Submit application, resume and letter of intent via email, or postmark or hand deliver to the Office of Council Services, Kalana O Maui Building, 200 South High Street, 7th Floor, Wailuku, Hawaii 96793, by 4 p.m. HST on November 27, 2015.
Contact the Office of Council Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Office of Council Services and the Maui County Council do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy, arrest and court record, assignment of child support, National Guard participation, or any other basis covered by State or Federal laws governing nondiscrimination.
# # #