The Office of Council Services is hiring a Legislative Attorney to join its research section.
The position is appointed and reappointment runs concurrent with the terms of the County Council. The position is not a civil service position.
• Carrying out the functions of the Office of Council Services, including assisting the County Council, its committees, and the Council members in their legislative responsibilities.
• Routine work includes reviewing and analyzing laws, opinions, bills, resolutions, budget documents, contracts, and other documents upon request; performing legal and policy research and writing assignments; and staffing Council committee meetings.
• Use of a Microsoft Windows PC and other mobile devices, and associated computer programs through the office’s computer network.
• Occasional attendance at night meetings and off-island meetings, as well as travel by light aircraft.
• Moderate lifting; setting up facilities; operating automobiles and use of electronic and sound equipment; and other duties as assigned.
1. Current Hawaii State Bar license
2. Strong research and writing skills
3. Qualification on a test administered by the Office of Council Services
4. Valid motor vehicle operator’s license, and
5. Ability to lift equipment weighing 30 pounds.
Salary range: $57,620 to $113,154 annually, as established by Section 2.08.060, Maui County Code, depending on the number of full years that have elapsed since the attorney was admitted to the practice of law in any state or the District of Columbia, as of the beginning of the fiscal year (July 1, 2014).
How to apply:
Application forms are also available at the Office of Council Services, 7th floor of the Kalana O Maui Building at 200 South High Street in Wailuku, Hawaii.
• Submit applications, together with a resumé and letter of intent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or via mail or hand delivery to:
Office of Council Services, County of Maui
Kalana O Maui Building
200 S. High Street, 7th Floor
Wailuku, Hawaii 96793
Deadline to apply:
All applications must be received or postmarked by 4:30 p.m. HST on Jan. 16, 2015.
Contact the Office of Council Services at (808) 270-7838 for more information.
The Office of Council Services and the Maui County Council do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy, arrest and court record, assignment of child support, National Guard participation, or any other basis covered by State or Federal laws governing nondiscrimination.
# # #