Kelly T. King
Kelly T. King holds the County Council seat for the South Maui residency area. She is chair of the Planning Committee.
The Planning Committee generally meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month at 9 a.m.
Applications invited for West Maui Community Plan Advisory Committee
Applications for a position on the West Maui Community Plan Advisory Committee (“CPAC”) are now being accepted by the Council’s Policy, Economic Development, and Agriculture Committee.
9 of the CPAC’s 13 members will be appointed by the Council, while 4 will be appointed by the Mayor. All West Maui residents are encouraged to apply. An applicant must reside in the West Maui community plan area, which includes Ukumehame to Honokohau. The Council and the Mayor shall strive for diversity and balance of age, gender, background, profession, heritage, experience, and ideology of all CPAC participants. Experience in land use planning is helpful, but not required.
The application form and a general information sheet concerning the West Maui CPAC can be found under “Items of Interest” on the County Council’s website: www.mauicounty.us/pea.
Applications must be received or postmarked by 4:30 p.m. on July 6, 2018. The Policy, Economic Development, and Agriculture Committee will meet later that month to consider the appointments.
For additional information, please contact the Policy, Economic Development, and Agriculture Committee staff at 270-7134 or 270‑7668.
For Immediate Release
May 3, 2018
Kalama Park Skatepark Closure
KIHEI, Maui, Hawai‘i – The County of Maui Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) announced that the Kalama Park Skatepark is closed due to vandalism. It is currently unsafe. The Department will be reconstructing the damaged areas. The closure will be ongoing until repairs are completed. Questions may be directed to DPR at 879-4364. For general Parks information, visit www.mauicounty.gov/parks
For Immediate Release
April 19, 2018
2018 Summer Junior Lifeguard and Swim Camp Programs Announced
WAILUKU, Maui – County of Maui Department of Parks and Recreation announced registration dates and locations for the free 2018 Summer Junior Lifeguard and Swim Camp programs.
Program and camp sign-ups are taken on a first-come, first-served basis and registration is accepted until spots are filled. Parents are asked to register in person.
The following programs will be held 9 a.m. to noon Monday to Friday. Participants must take and pass a swim test.
- Coach Spencer Shiraishi Memorial Pool programs include: Session I – Junior Readiness (ages 8-10) from June 18-22; and Session II – Junior Lifeguard (ages 11-14) from July 23 to Aug. 3. Register for either session 3 to 4:30 p.m. weekdays starting May 21 at the pool in Kahului.
- Kihei Aquatic Center programs include: Session I – Junior Minis (ages 7-9) from June 4-8; and Session II – Junior Lifeguard (ages 10-14) from July 9 to 20. Register for either session 9 to 11 a.m. April 28 at the pool in Kihei.
The following swim camps will be held 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Friday. Participants may be asked to do a swim assessment.
- Coach Soichi Sakamoto Pool Swim Camp for Level 3 swimmers will be held June 12-22. Register 8 to 9 a.m. May 19 at the pool in Wailuku.
- New Wailuku Pool Swim Camp for Level 1 and 2 swimmers will be held June 26 to July 6. Register 8 to 9 a.m. May 5 at the pool in Wailuku.
For more information, contact Fran Yamamoto, recreation technician, at 270-6138.
# # #
Click here to sign up for Councilmember King’s newsletter.
Read previous newsletters:
Councilmember King supports the use of COM Connect, an app launched by the administration to help residents share information and report important issues around the county. The app is free.
COM Connect app: Read press release
- Chair, Planning Committee
- Vice-Chair, Parks, Recreation, Energy, and Legal Affairs Committee
- Budget & Finance Committee
- Housing, Human Services, & Transportation Committee
- Land Use Committee
- Parks, Recreation, Energy, and Legal Affairs Committee
- Policy, Economic Development, and Agriculture Committee
- Water Resources Committee
- Infrastructure and Environmental Management Committee
- Susan Foley, Executive Assistant
- Terra Foti, Executive Assistant
- Kate Griffiths, Executive Assistant
Kalana O Maui Building
200 South High St.
Wailuku, Hawaii 96793
Ph : (808) 270-7108
Fax: (808) 270-7639