Policy, Economic Development, and Agriculture Committee
The Policy, Economic Development, and Agriculture Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 9:00 am on the Monday prior to the first and third Fridays of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change. The Committee may also periodically schedule site inspections.
- List of Committee items (as of 05/01/2018)
- Yuki Lei K. Sugimura, Chair
- Stacy Crivello, Vice-Chair
- Alika Atay
- Robert Carroll
- Elle Cochran
- Don S. Guzman
- Riki Hokama
- Kelly T. King
- Mike White
- Intergovernmental issues, including the Hawaii State Association of Counties and non-financial intergovernmental agreements.
- Appointments of executive branch officials, including board and commission members.
- Business and economic development issues, including agriculture.
- Issues involving the responsibilities of two or more standing committees.
- Operations of the Office of the County Clerk and the Office of Council Services.
- Amendments to the Charter and oversight of implementing amendments passed in the previous election.
- Operations of the Emergency Management Agency; the Department of Fire and Public Safety; the Department of Liquor Control; the Department of Management; the Department of Police; the Office of the Mayor, including the Office of Economic Development and operational oversight of any grants it administers, but excluding the Community Development Block Grant program, and the Energy Office; and the Maui Metropolitan Organization.
- Shelly Espeleta, Legislative Analyst
- Carla Nakata, Legislative Attorney
- Clarita Balala, Committee Secretary
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686