Parks, Recreation, Energy, and Legal Affairs Committee
The Parks, Recreation, Energy, and Legal Affairs Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 1:30 p.m. on the Tuesday prior to the first and third Fridays of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change. The Committee may also periodically schedule site inspections.
Subscribe to notifications for Parks, Recreation, Energy, and Legal Affairs Committee
Agendas and Meeting Notices
- Don S. Guzman, Chair
- Kelly T. King, Vice-Chair
- Alika Atay
- Robert Carroll
- Elle Cochran
- Stacy Crivello
- Riki Hokama
- Yuki Lei K. Sugimura
- Mike White
- Cultural, leisure, recreational, and parks matters.
- Management and potential acquisition of public recreational lands, including parks, open space, natural and cultural resources and scenic view preservation, including grants of such property.
- Authorization of permits for events and activities conducted on Maui County’s public parks and facilities.
- Energy issues (including solar, geothermal, wind, biomass, hydropower, wave energy production, bio-fuel and synthetic fuel production, power systems, and energy-efficient technologies for buildings).
- Litigation matters, including appointment of special counsel, indemnification, and authorization of settlement.
- Investigations of the operations of (a) any department of function of the county and (b) any subject upon which the council may authorize.
- Operations of the Department of Parks and Recreation and the operational oversight of any grants it administers; the Department of the Corporation Counsel, including ethics regulations; the Department of the Prosecuting Attorney; and the Office of Economic Development’s Energy Office.
- Carla Nakata, Legislative Attorney
- Traci Fujita, Legislative Attorney
- Pauline Martins, Committee Secretary
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686