Planning and Sustainable Land Use Committee
Planning and Sustainable Land Use Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 9:00 a.m. on the Wednesday prior to the first and third Fridays of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change. The Committee may also periodically schedule site inspections.
- Tamara Paltin, Chair
- Shane M. Sinenci, Vice-Chair
- Kelly Takaya King
- Alice L. Lee
- Michael J. Molina
- Keani N.W. Rawlins-Fernandez
- Yuki Lei K. Sugimura
- Project-specific amendments of State land use district boundaries, the General Plan, community plans, and zoning designations, except district boundary amendments specific to Chapter 201H, Hawaii Revised Statutes, projects.
- Other land use entitlements requiring Council review and approval, such as Conditional Permits.
- Land use ordinance not specific to a project, except amendments to the Parking Code.
- Processing procedures for the General Plan and community plans.
- Non-project-specific amendments to the General Plan and comprehensive community plan updates.
- Appointments to community plan advisory committees.
- Implementation of the digital mapping project.
- Operations and performance audits of the Department of Planning and the Maui Emergency Management Agency, including the operational oversight of any grant they administer.
- Implementation of the following General Plan objective: Promote Sustainable Land Use and Growth Management.
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270 7686