Planning and Sustainable Land Use Committee
List of committee items (as of 07/12/2021)
- Tamara Paltin, Chair
- Kelly Takaya King, Vice-Chair
- Gabe Johnson
- Tasha Kama
- Alice L. Lee
- Michael J. Molina
- Keani N.W. Rawlins-Fernandez
- Shane M. Sinenci
- Yuki Lei K. Sugimura
- Project-specific amendments of State land use district boundaries, the General Plan, community plans, and zoning designations, except District Boundary Amendments specific to expedited approvals of housing projects under Chapter 201H, Hawaii Revised Statutes.
- Other land use entitlements requiring Council review and approval, such as Conditional Permits.
- Land use ordinances not specific to a project, except amendments to the Parking Code.
- Processing procedures for the General Plan and community plans.
- Non-project-specific amendments to the General Plan and comprehensive community plan updates.
- Appointments to community plan advisory committees.
- Implementation of the digital mapping project.
- Oversight of the Department of Planning.
- Issues related to deferral agreements and land consolidation.
- Implementation of the following General Plan objective: Promote Sustainable Land Use and Growth Management.
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686