The Economic Development and Budget Committee will hold meetings through April 2020 on the Fiscal Year 2021 budget. Due to COVID-19 concerns, meetings will be conducted remotely via the BlueJeans video conferencing service.
You have the opportunity to provide testimony during the meetings by using the phone number or video link provided on the meeting agenda or below.
- To provide oral testimony via phone, please call 1-408-317-9253 and enter meeting code 597 785 199.
- To provide video testimony, please CLICK HERE to join the meeting. A new tab will open for the BlueJeans video conference site (it may take several seconds to load).
- You can also provide written testimony by email to email@example.com.
Meeting agendas plus live and archived video will be available at MauiCounty.us/agendas. You can also watch the meetings on Akaku, Channel 53.
The Mayor’s Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Proposal includes the executive and legislative operating budget and capital improvement program proposed for the fiscal year. Click here for pdf of Mayor’s proposed budget.
Budget Discussion Schedule by Department (subject to change)
- April 1 – budget overview, revenues, countywide costs, general budget provisions, Budget Office, Department of Finance
- April 6 – Office of the County Clerk, Office of Council Services, Office of the County Auditor, Department of Corporation Counsel, Emergency Management Agency
- April 7 – Department of Environmental Management, Department of Finance
- April 8 – Department of Fire and Public Safety, Department of Housing and Human Concerns
- April 9 – Department of Liquor Control, Department of Management, Office of the Mayor
- April 13 – Department of Parks and Recreation, Department of Personnel, Department of Planning
- April 14 – Department of Police, Department of the Prosecuting Attorney, Department of Public Works
- April 15 – Department of Transportation, Department of Water Supply
- April 20, 21, 22, 23 – decisions on departmental budgets
- April 24 – decisions continued
- April 25 – reserved for deliberations
- April 27, 28, 29, 30 – corrections as needed
- April 29 – Public Hearing on real property tax range of rates
Office of Council Services
200 South High Street
Wailuku, Hawaii 96793