The Office of Council Services is recruiting for a full-time Council Services Technician. The closing date on this position is July 31, 2020.
The majority of the work will be related to the computer system which includes: coordinating and assisting with the installation, implementation, maintenance, backup, training, and technical support for the information technology systems of the legislative branch; participating and assisting in the diagnosis of malfunctions and the resolution of problems on a timely manner; and participating and assisting in analyzing the usefulness of information technology in performing agency functions, recommending improvements in information technology systems and related facilities. Other related duties may be assigned as needed.
The position will assist with the administrative and clerical services necessary for the general operations of the agency, including the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical, telephone and data connections within its facilities.
Example of Duties:
- Provide user support (training or troubleshooting problems) and customer service on the legislative branch supported computer applications and platforms either in person, via phone, or electronically.
- Gather information to help diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Work with LAN consultant in implementing and maintaining hardware and software.
- Confirm and maintain the daily (M – F) backup of the file servers.
- Draft instructional documents when requested.
- Prepare reports and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and two (2) years of experience in maintaining personal computers with Windows 2000, XP, or Vista operating systems installed.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 2003 or 2007 is preferred but not required. Basic knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) administration and technologies is preferred but not required.
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Ability to travel between islands on ferry and small aircraft to service Council district offices on Lanai and Molokai.
Health and Physical Condition:
- Persons seeking appointment to position must be able to meet certain physical requirements such as lifting of equipment.
- All applicants must qualify on written examinations.
- Attach the following documents to your completed application: resumé and cover letter.
- In your cover letter, briefly describe how your education or experience relates to the position description and what skills you possess that will make you successful.
- We will review all applications as they are received.
- Application, resumé and cover letter must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, July 31, 2020, to be considered.
- If you have questions or need more information on this position, please contact the Office of Council Services at email@example.com, or Marlene Rebugio, Support Supervisor, at (808) 270-7832.
- Salary range from $44,260 to $79,792 annually, as established by Section 2.08.060, Maui County Code, depending on education and experience. The Council may assign staff to any step in the appropriate pay range.
The Office of Council Services and the Maui County Council do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy, arrest and court record, assignment of child support, National Guard participation or any other basis covered by State or Federal laws governing nondiscrimination.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
- The County of Maui does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy, arrest and court record, assignment of child support, national guard participation or any other basis covered by state or federal laws governing non-discrimination.
- If you have questions, please contact the Office of Council Services at 808-270-7838.