Water and Infrastructure Committee
Water, Infrastructure, and Transportation Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 1:30 p.m. on the Monday prior to the first and third Fridays of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change.
- Yuki Lei K. Sugimura, Chair
- Alice L. Lee, Vice-Chair
- Riki Hokama
- Tasha Kama
- Kelly Takaya King
- Michael J. Molina
- Tamara Paltin
- Keani N.W. Ralins-Fernandez
- Shane M. Sinenci
- Amendments to and enforcement of the County Water Code, including the Water Use and Development Plan.
- Amendments to the Subdivision Ordinance and Building and Construction Codes.
- County facilities construction and maintenance (including road, bridge, drainage, and waste management systems).
- Operations and performance audits of the Department of Environmental Management (except the Environmental Protection and Sustainability Division), the Department of Public Works, and the Department of Water Supply, including operational oversight of any grants they administer.
- All issues pertaining to water except water for agricultural use.
- Issues relating to traffic safety, transit, bikeways, walkways, and complete streets.
- Issues relating to traffic impact fees.
- Amendments to the Parking Code.
- Operations and performance audits of the Department of Transportation and Maui Metropolitan Planning Organization, including the operational oversight of any grants they administer.
- Implementation of the following General Plan Objectives:
- Diversify Transportation Options.
- Improve Physical Infrastructure.
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270 7686