Budget and Finance Committee
Budget and Finance Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 9 a.m. on the first and third Mondays of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change.
- List of committee items (as of 08/07/2018) http://mauicounty.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/BFitems-as-of-September-14-2018.pdf
ITEMS OF INTEREST:
- October 11, 2016: BF-105: Emergency Fund. Landfill photos received from the Dept. of Environmental Management
- Riki Hokama, Chair
- Mike White, Vice-Chair
- Alika Atay
- Robert Carroll
- Elle Cochran
- Stacy Crivello
- Don S. Guzman
- Kelly T. King
- Yuki Lei K. Sugimura
- Budget and Finance Committee duties include reviewing and considering:
- Financial and performance audits.
- Budget, capital program, bond authorizations, intergovernmental agreements with a financial impact on the annual budget, including intergovernmental loans, and the finance component of all county grants.
- Taxes, rates, fees, and assessments for inclusion in the budget, except that revenue ordinances may also be considered by other standing committees.
- Revisions and updates to real property tax ordinances.
- Operations of the Department of Finance; the Department of Personnel Services, including salaries and collective bargaining cost items; and the Community Development Block Grant program.
- Appointment of the County Auditor for a term as specified in the Revised Charter of the County of Maui (1983), as amended; review and comment upon the annual Audit Plan issued by the Office of the County Auditor; and review of audit findings and recommendations set forth in written reports of the County Auditor.
- Michele Yoshimura, Legislative Analyst
- Shelly Espeleta, Legislative Analyst (Budget Session)
- Traci Fujita, Legislative Attorney
- Yvette Bouthillier, Committee Secretary
Committee email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686