Elle Cochran holds the council seat for the West Maui residency area. She is the chair of the Infrastructure and Environmental Management Committee.
The IEM Committee generally meets every 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month at 1:30 p.m.
Items of interest:
- 11/2/2016: Legislative proposal relating amending the comprehensive zoning ordinance to establish affordable accessory dwellings as a permitted use in certain zoning districts (PC-28)
- 5/5/2016: Resolution proposing an amendment to the county charter, to designate planning commission seats for leaders of Hawaiian cultural and environmental groups
- 5/5/2016: Resolution proposing an amendment to the county charter, to require at least two members of the Board or Ethics to be members of the Hawaii State Bar Association.
- RESOLUTION URGING THE STATE LEGISLATURE TO PROHIBIT THE SALE AND TRADE OF IVORY AND RHINOCEROS HORN IN HAWAII
- A BILL FOR AN ORDINANCE TO REQUIRE BABY DIAPER-CHANGING
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR CERTAIN NEW ESTABLISHMENTS AND USES
- Ordinance 413.342 – A BILL FOR AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE MAUI TRAFFIC CODE TO ALLOW SIGNS POSTERS AND OTHER NONTRANSPARENT MATERIALS ON VEHICLE WINDOWS
- Task force report: POLYSTYRENE DISPOSABLE FOOD SERVICE CONTAINERS
- Chair – Infrastructure & Environmental Management Committee
- Vice-Chair – Water Resources Committee
- Budget and Finance Committee
- Land Use Committee
- Parks, Recreation, Energy, and Legal Affairs Committee
- Planning Committee
- Policy, Economic Development, and Agriculture Committee
- Housing, Human Services, and Transportation Committee
National Association of Counties
- Member – Agriculture and Rural Affairs Steering Committee (2013-2014)
- Member – Environment, Energy and Land Use Steering Committee (2011-2012)
- Member, National Ocean Council’s Governance Coordinating Committee
- See Oct. 15, 2015 press release: Cochran selected to serve on White House oceans committee
- Sarah Pajimola, Executive Assistant
- Autum Rae Ness, Executive Assistant
Kalana O Maui Building
200 South High St.
Wailuku, Hawaii 96793
Ph : (808) 270-5504
Fax: (808) 270-5505