eComment is a web-based form that allows the public to review agenda item details, indicate their position on an item, and leave written feedback. Due to COVID-19 social distancing measures, members of the public are not able to attend meetings of the Council and Committees in person. To help the public stay more involved in their respective communities, eComment is a solution that offers the ability to participate from a distance.
Bridging the Gap Between the Public and Local Government
eComment streamlines communication between the public and the Councilmembers who represent them and make decisions on their behalf. It is a more efficient form of providing testimony than sending emails. A central repository for testimony ensures that the Council, Committees, and staff have a transparent, predictable process of management.
The public can provide testimony on upcoming agenda items and during live meetings.
How to Use eComment
- To provide written testimony, please visit MauiCounty.us/agendas to see all published agendas. Once the correct agenda has been located, there will be an eComment button if this feature is enabled for that particular agenda.
- Scroll through the selected agenda and click “Comment” on the agenda item you wish to address. Only one testimony can be submitted at a time, but you can go back and select additional items you wish to address.
- After an agenda item is selected, you will see a text box where you can type in your testimony, select a position (oppose, neutral, or support), and even upload attachments (up to 100mb in size).
- To attach a file or to submit testimony, you must sign up for a free account at the top right of the page. To complete the login process as a new user, you must open a confirmation email sent to your email address and complete the setup of your profile.
- If you’ve already set up an account, you may upload your attachment or click “Submit” to complete your testimony. If you are not yet logged in, you will be prompted to do so. Please note that only your name will be published with your testimony. All other information will be kept private.
- A confirmation message will appear on your screen if the testimony is successfully published.
- You can provide testimony via eComment on as many agenda items as you would like.
*Please note that if you are encountering difficulties with eComment, you may need to try using a different web browser (such as Edge, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari).
*eComment is an online form provided by Granicus, Inc., a company that provides industry-leading technologies used by thousands of government staff members across the country to run more efficient and transparent processes.