Government Relations, Ethics, and Transparency Committee
NOTE: The application deadline for the West Maui seat on the Commission on Healing Solutions for Homelessness has been extended to noon on March 15, 2021.
- Potential applicants should review membership criteria and download the West Maui application form.
- Applications can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing GREAT-15.
- Applications can also be mailed to 200 South High Street, #703, Wailuku, HI 96793, faxed to (808) 270-7686, or dropped off in a drop box located outside the main entrance to the Kalana O Maui Building or submitted to the council’s district offices in Hana, Lahaina, Lanai City, and Kaunakakai.
- Council members will be given access to all applications received by the deadline.
- Page 1 of each application will be made available to the public.
Meeting agendas and documents
- Michael J. Molina, Chair
- Keani N.W. Rawlins-Fernandez, Vice-Chair
- Gabe Johnson
- Tasha Kama
- Kelly Takaya King
- Alice L. Lee
- Tamara Paltin
- Shane M. Sinenci
- Yuki Lei K. Sugimura
- Mayoral and Council appointments requiring Council approval, including board and commission members and administrative heads of departments, except appointments to community plan advisory committees.
- Litigation matters, including appointment of special counsel, indemnification, and authorization of settlement.
- Issues relating to government ethics and transparency.
- With Council authorization, conduct investigations of: (i) the operation of any department or function of the County; and (ii) any subject over which the Council has legislative authority.
- Amendments to the Charter and oversight of implementing amendments passed in the previous election.
- Intergovernmental issues, including the Hawaii State Association of Counties and non-financial intergovernmental agreements.
- Oversight of the Office of the Mayor (except the Office of Economic Development), Department of the Corporation Counsel, Department of Management, Office of Council Services, Office of the County Clerk, Department of Fire and Public Safety, Department of Liquor Control, Department of Personnel Services, Department of Police, and Department of the Prosecuting Attorney.
- Implementation of the following General Plan objective: Strive for Good Governance.
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686