Alice L. Lee
For immediate release: July 21, 2021
Press release by:
Council Chair Alice L. Lee
Maui County Council
Legislative ideas sought for new and emerging industries
Wailuku, Hawaii – The Office of Council Chair Alice L. Lee is conducting a survey to solicit legislative ideas to address new and emerging industries brought by the pandemic.
The survey can be found on mauicounty.us/lee and can also be accessed at https://bit.ly/3BrJShR.
“I invite you to take a moment to share your comments in the survey, which aims to find new opportunities in this pandemic era,” said Council Chair Alice Lee. “Is there a need for more ride-sharing services? Should working from home be the new norm? Should the County expand online-based services? How can we support green businesses?”
Lee said there may be unprecedented challenges on the grassroots level brought by the pandemic that concerned authorities may not be aware of. Most survey responses submitted so far relate to the county’s capacity to accommodate the influx of visitors, but ideas from all industries are welcome.
The survey will run until Aug. 15 and results will be shared with the Maui County Council.
# # #
- Alzheimer Support
- Alzheimer Support is a free service that assists Maui County families who have loved ones with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Through our free search tool and database of Alzheimer’s care facilities, families in need of care for their loved ones can locate licensed care homes and communities in the Maui County area that are best equipped to provide care for their loved ones.
- For more information, please visit: https://www.alzheimersupport.com/memory-care/hawaii/
- Mona Perry, Executive Assistant
- Kayna Yoneda, Executive Assistant
- Diane Wakamatsu, Executive Assistant
- Dianne Shimizu, Executive Assistant
Kalana O Maui Building
200 South High St.
Wailuku, Hawaii 96793
Ph: (808) 270-7760
Fax: (808) 270-7639