Yuki Lei Sugimura
INFORMATION ON WHAT TO DO IF YOU SEE AXIS DEER IN DIFFERENT SITUATIONS:
- INJURED/LIVE DEER: DO NOT APPROACH THE ANIMAL, IMMEDIATELY CALL:
- Monday-Friday 7:45AM – 3:30PM
- Division of Forestry and Wildlife’s (DOFAW) Maui Branch: (808) 984-8100
- DOFAW will dispatch a trained specialist to safely secure and capture the animal
- After hours and weekends
- Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement (DOCARE) at (808) 873-3990 OR
- Maui Police Department Dispatch (MPD) at (808) 244-6400
- Monday-Friday 7:45AM – 3:30PM
- DECEASED DEER:
- Proper disposal of dead deer and carcasses are the responsibility of the landowner.
- Carcasses should be buried and/or removed. If burial/removal is not possible, carcasses may be covered with lime, products available at any garden/hardware stores.
- Deer carcass found and in need of disposal?
- Private lands: Contact landowner
- Government property: Contact the responsible government agency that manages the particular property
- State Highways: Contact Department of Transportation, Highways Division at (808) 270-7466
- County Roads: Contact Department of Public Works at (808) 270-7869
EVICTION MORATORIUM – LANDLORDS AND TENANTS ASSISTANCE ROUNDTABLE RESOURCES
- TROY HASHIMOTO, State of Hawaii House Representative District 8 – Hawaii State Capitol Room 332
- fax: 808.586.9499
- DAVID W.H. CHEE, Attorney at Law – 1001 Bishop St. No 585 /Honolulu, HI 96813
- DAN O’MEARA, Managing Attorney Housing and Consumer Unit, Legal Aid Society of Hawaii – 924Bethel Street / Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
- HAWAII STATE JUDICIARY – courts.state.hi.us/
RENT AND UTILITY RELIEF
- LORI ANN TSUHAKO, Director Department of Housing and Human Concerns, County of Maui
- THELMA AKITA-KEALOHA, Catholic Charities Hawaii – 2050 Main Street, Suite 3A / Wailuku, Hawaii 96793
- CASSI YAMASHITA, Director of Community Services, Maui Economic Opportunity, Inc., H.E.L.P Program – 99 Mahalani St, /Wailuku HI 96793
- MAHINA MARTIN, Hawaiian Electric-P.O. Box 398 / Kahului, Maui, HI 96733-6898
- Maui (808) 871-7777
- Molokai, Lanai: (877) 871-8461
- BEVANNE BOWERS, Executive Director of The Maui Mediation Services – 95 Mahalani Street, Suite 25 / Wailuku, Hawaii 96793
2021 – 2023 Committee Assignments
Chair – Infrastructure and Transportation Committee
This committee is tasked with diversifying transportation options and improving physical infrastructure. Its jurisdiction includes: issues relating to traffic safety, transit, bikeways, walkways, and complete streets; issues relating to interisland transportation, within the County and within the State; issues relating to traffic impact fees; operations and performance audits of the Department of Transportation and Maui Metropolitan Planning Organization; amendments to the Parking Code; amendments to and enforcement of the County Water Code; county facilities construction and maintenance; and Operations and performance audits of the Department of Environmental Management (except the Environmental Protection and Sustainability Division), and the Department of Public Works, including operational oversight of any grants they administer.
The committee is focused on building a new transit hub to replace the current one at Queen Kaahumanu Center, which was not designed to accommodate the growing number of bus riders using our island’s transportation system. The committee is also working on the Central Maui Waste Water Reclamation Facility, decentralizing the Kahului/Wailuku Waste Water Reclamation Facility, and the Waiale Road Extension to connect Waiale to Honoapiilani Highway.
Testimony on items before the Committee may be submitted through eComment. For instructions on submitting testimony via eComment, please visit this link: http://mauicounty.us/ecomment/.
Chair: Maui Metropolitan Planning Organization
Council Representative: Kula Agricultural Park Committee
Council Representative: Council on Aging
Councilmember Sugimura is also a voting member of the following committees:
- Human Concerns and Parks Committee, Vice-Chair
- Budget, Finance, and Economic Development Committee
- Affordable Housing Committee
- Climate Action, Resilience, and Environment Committee
- Government Relations, Ethics, and Transparency Committee
- Planning and Sustainable Land Use Committee
Talk Story With Yuki Lei
Due to COVID-19, Councilmember Sugimura’s “Talk Story with Yuki Lei” is on hold until further notice. Please sign-up for e-mail updates and stay safe!
Talk Story with Yuki is a monthly outreach program to engage the community on county issues that matter to them. The events are normally held on the second Saturday of every month at the Upcountry Farmers Market.
Upcountry Farmers Market
at Kulamalu Town Center
55 Kiopaa Street
Pukalani, HI 96768
7 to 11 a.m.
To receive updates from Councilmember Sugimura, please sign up for e-mail notifications here.
- Miki Yokouchi, Executive Assistant
- Jordan Helle, Executive Assistant
- Jennifer Matsumoto, Executive Assistant
- Daryl Fujiwara, Executive Assistant
Kalana O Maui Building
200 South High St.
Wailuku, Hawaii 96793
Ph: (808) 270-7939