Budget, Finance, and Economic Development Committee
- Keani N.W. Rawlins-Fernandez, Chair
- Tamara Paltin, Vice-Chair
- Gabe Johnson
- Tasha Kama
- Kelly Takaya King
- Alice L. Lee
- Michael J. Molina
- Shane M. Sinenci
- Yuki Lei K. Sugimura
- Financial audits and the finance component of all County grants.
- Budget, capital program, bond authorizations, intergovernmental agreements with a financial impact on the annual budget, including intergovernmental loans.
- Taxes, rates, fees, and assessments for inclusion in the budget, except that revenue ordinances may also be considered by other standing committees.
- Revisions and updates to Real Property Tax ordinances.
- Business and economic development issues.
- Continued review and assessment of COVID relief funding and programs while promoting assistance to individuals and businesses based on financial need.
- Oversight of the Department of Finance, Office of the County Auditor, Office of the Mayor’s Office of Economic Development, and Community Development Block Grant Program.
- Review of the annual Audit Plan issued by the Office of the County Auditor, and review of audit findings and recommendations in the County Auditor’s reports.
- Implementation of the following General Plan objective: Strengthen the Local Economy.
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686