eComment: The best option for submitting written testimony to Council committees.
What Is eComment?
eComment is a web-based form that allows members of the public to review agenda details, indicate their position on an agenda item, and leave written feedback to a Council committee.
Bridging the Gap Between the Public and Local Government
eComment streamlines communication between the public and the Councilmembers who represent them and is a more efficient form of providing testimony than sending emails, faxes, or letters. The central repository for testimony provided by eComment ensures that the Council’s committees have a transparent, predictable process of managing written testimony.
How to Use eComment
- To provide written testimony to a Council committee, please visit MauiCounty.us/agendas to see all published committee-meeting agendas. Once the correct agenda has been located, there will be an eComment button, if the committee has enabled it for that particular meeting.
- Scroll through the selected agenda and click “Comment” on the agenda item you wish to address.
- After an agenda item is selected, you will see a text box where you can type in your testimony, select a position (oppose, neutral, or support), and even upload attachments (up to 100mb in size).
- To attach a file or to submit testimony, you must sign up for a free account at the top right of the page. To complete the login process as a new user, you must open a confirmation email sent to your email address and complete the setup of your profile.
- If you’ve already set up an account, you may upload your attachment or click “Submit” to complete your testimony. If you are not yet logged in, you will be prompted to do so. Please note that only your name will be published with your testimony. All other information will be kept private.
- A confirmation message will appear on your screen if the testimony is successfully published.
- You can provide testimony via eComment on as many agenda items as you would like.
*Please note that if you are encountering difficulties with eComment, you may need to try using a different web browser (such as Edge, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari).
Note on full Maui County Council meetings
At this time, eComment is used only by the Council’s committees, not for full Maui County Council meetings. To submit written testimony for an item on a Maui County Council meeting agenda, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*eComment is an online form provided by Granicus, Inc., a company that provides industry-leading technologies used by thousands of government staff members across the country to run more efficient and transparent processes.