For immediate release: May 3, 2017
Contact: Danny Mateo, (808) 270-7748
Press Release by:
Mike White, Chair
Maui County Council
Presentations on proposed restrictions on polystyrene food service containers
WAILUKU, Hawaii – The Maui County Council has scheduled a special council meeting on Monday, May 8 at 9 a.m. to receive testimony and presentations on the proposed restrictions on polystyrene food service containers, Council Chair Mike White announced today.
The council will consider Bill 127 (2016), which would restrict the use or sale of polystyrene food service containers in the County of Maui. A copy of the measure, along with additional information, is available on MauiCounty.us/polystyrene.
Presentations are anticipated from the following:
- Cheryl King, Sharkastics
- Megan Lamson, Hawaii Wildlife Fund
- Lynn Dyer, Foodservice Packaging Institute
- Kerry Flickner, Waste Solutions for Foodservice Sustainability Solutions
- Dr. George Cruzan, ToxWorks
- Dr. Hillary Young, University of California Santa Barbara
- Dr. Douglas McCauley, University of California Santa Barbara
- Dr. Ruth Lunn, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
Further presentations may be received from the Environmental Protection Agency and the Food and Drug Administration.
Testimony may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Bill 127 (2016).
# # #